Financial Documents

US universities are very strict when it comes to documentation. You must provide what is asked and follow the rules strictly. Some documents should be sealed and signed. Different universities may require different documents. Hence it is important to pay attention. Copies are not acceptable. If you send copies, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive an I-20. Send your documents through a reliable courier. Closely track the package and make sure it reaches the institution. It takes a long time to get your documents in order. In some cultures, getting these documents depends on who you know and what they demand. Hence, start the process early!


  • Official copy of high school and/ or college/university transcripts or mark sheets with English translations. (Notarized copies may be acceptable if original copies are not available)


  • Graduation certificate (diploma) from your most recent school (high school, college or university). Notarized copy may be acceptable if original copies are not available.


  • Official Bank Statement(s) less than 3 months old that list the amount of your personal, family, or government financial support. The names of the account holders on bank statements should be written in English. Please note that most universities require that you show at least 10 to 15,000 dollars in financial support.


  • One to two pages typed personal statement explaining your reasons for wanting to study in the USA


  • Copy of the photo page of your passport.


  • If you have not taken TOEFL or IELTS, we suggest you do as most universities request an English score.